Wellesley College is committed to constantly improving the accessibility of information we provide.
This website is built in Drupal 7 using Monster Menus. The open source Drupal community is also keen on accessibility. Drupal's statement on accessibility reiterates its commitment and describes some of the software's features.
All staff working on the website must follow best practices for accessibility, which are, as it turns out, often best practices for organization and design.
Building Accessible Web Pages
Here are some resources for people building websites:
- Siteimprove's What is Section 508?
- Siteimprove's Must-Have Accessibility Handbook
- Take Siteimprove's Web Accessibility Certification course.
- WebAIM's Appropriate Use of Alternative Text
- W3C Web Accessibility Initiative's Quick Tips to Make Accessible Web Sites
- American Foundation for the Blind's Tips & Tricks to Improve Web Accessibility
- Download demo copies of JAWS or NV Access to test your pages on a screenreader.