Wellesley's recognition societies honor and thank those alumnae, parents, and friends who provide generous leadership and legacy support to ensure Wellesley's continued success. These societies bring together generations of donors—veteran and emerging leaders alike—to support virtually every aspect of academic and student life.
The Durant Society
Honoring Pauline and Henry Durant, the founders of Wellesley College, the Durant Society recognizes annual leadership donors who make an investment in the College’s commitment to excellence with a gift of $2,500 or more. The Durant Society is also proud to recognize graduates of the last decade at special giving levels with gratitude for their commitment as leaders among their peers (options start at $500).
President's Circle Benefactor ... $25,000+
President's Circle ... $10,000 - $24,999
Dean's Circle ... $5,000 - $9,999
Supporter* ... $2,500 - $4,999
* $500 for alumnae 1-5 years post-graduation; $1,000 for alumnae 6-10 years out
To express our appreciation for these most loyal and generous supporters, the College offers Durant Society members various courtesies, including exclusive access to several events on campus, regional receptions throughout the country, invitation to the President’s House during your reunion, participation in conference calls with College leadership, and more.
For more information about the Durant Society, contact Norma Barrett, Senior Associate Director of the Wellesley Fund, at 781.283.3335.
The Wellesley Legacy Society
The Wellesley Legacy Society was founded in 1991 to recognize those, who through their estate planning, have made an important commitment to the future of Wellesley. Over 1,700 Wellesley alumnae and friends have joined the society by notifying the College of their plans.
The following types of commitments qualify you for membership in the Legacy Society:
- a bequest provision in your will or revocable trust;
- a life income gift that provides an income stream to you or another beneficiary during your lifetime or for a term of years, and names Wellesley as a remainder beneficiary. Such gift plans include a charitable remainder unitrust or a charitable gift annuity;
- a charitable lead trust that provides income to Wellesley for a donor's lifetime or for a term of years;
- a gift naming the College a beneficiary of qualified retirement plan assets, such as an IRA, 401(k) or 403(b);
- a gift of a life insurance policy naming Wellesley as a beneficiary;
- certain other planned gifts.
If you have already included Wellesley in your estate plans, we hope you will let us know so that we can warmly welcome you into the Legacy Society and extend exclusive invitations to College events. If you have not yet included Wellesley in your plans and would like to explore the best options for you and your family, please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Gift Planning. We would be glad to assist you on a confidential basis and without any obligation.
Contact: Development Office | firstname.lastname@example.org | 800.358.3543