Membership and Policies
Membership at Keohane Sports Center is free to students and employees of Wellesley College and members of President's Club.
- Free membership applies to immediate family only (spouse or partner and dependent children age 26 and under).
- Extended family members and older off-spring must register as guests ($10.00 per day per guest) and be accompanied by a College employee or other Sports Center member.
- Alumnae and their families may purchase KSC memberships. Call 781.283.2019 for membership costs. Forms are available at the front desk. (KSC memberships are not available to individuals outside these groups.)
- Locker Rental: $40.00/year employee or KSC member. Day use: no charge.
Keohane Sports Center Policies
All eligible Wellesley College employees, their spouses/partners, and children under 26 years of age are permitted to use the Keohane Sports Center (KSC) free of charge. This policy reflects the College’s commitment to employee well-being and the PERA Department’s commitment to providing additional opportunities for on-campus physical activity.
Consistent with the PERA Department’s mission and “students first” priority, facility availability will be largely determined by physical education classes, athletic practices and competitions, and recreational programming. Building hours of operation and facility schedules are posted on the Facilities page and updated regularly. Daily facility accessibility is also available by calling the Sports Center Hotline at x2018.
Standard operating hours during the academic year are:
- Sunday, 10am-10pm
- Monday thru Thursday, 7am-11pm
- Friday, 7am-10pm
- Saturday, 10am-6pm
Sports Center hours are subject to change based on the needs of the College and will vary during reading period, finals, holidays, and breaks. Please check the Facilities website for up-to-date schedules.
- All Wellesley College members 16 years and older must have a valid Wellesley College OneCard.
- Guests under the age of 14 are not allowed in the fitness center.
- Guests ages 14-15 may use the facility if directly supervised by an adult.
- Please be considerate of others users.
- Shirts, athletic shoes, and proper athletic attire must be worn at all times.
- Liquids must be in a closed, non-glass, no-leak container.
- Patrons are encouraged to practice healthy hygiene habits when working out.
- Profanity, suggestive language, and aggressive behavior will not be tolerated.
- Please use cubbies provided or you are strongly encouraged to lock all valuables in a locker in the locker room on the first floor. No personal belongings are allowed on the floor of the fitness center.
- The PERA Department is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Any personal belongings left in the fitness center will be transferred to the KSC front desk at closing.
- Report all injuries and maintenance needs to a Fitness Supervisor. If the Fitness Supervisor is not available please report to the Front Desk Attendant in the main lobby.
- Patrons are encouraged to ask Fitness Staff for help adjusting equipment.
- 30-minute time limit on cardio equipment during peak hours.
- The use of safety stop clips is strongly encouraged while using treadmills.
- Machines must be wiped down after use. Cleaning supplies are available on the fitness floor and should be returned to designated area after use.
- Patrons are encouraged to ask Fitness Staff for help adjusting equipment, for a spot, or for general questions.
- Weightlifting hand chalk is not permitted in the Fitness Center.
- Weights are not to be stood on or leaned against walls, pillars, equipment or mirrors.
- Weights should not be dropped.
- Olympic lifting is not permitted.
- Please re-rack your weights when you are done with the activity. No weight should be left on the bar or on the floor when the equipment is not being used.
- To avoid congestion and waiting lines, patrons should allow others to “work in” while using weight equipment.
- All equipment must be used in the manner in which it was designed. Do not attempt to modify equipment.
- Collars are required on free weights, and pins are required on plate-loaded equipment.
- Dropping/Slamming weights is prohibited.
- Do not put feet on walls, railings or support columns.
**The Fitness Center is open during PE classes (such as Cardio Fitness or Couch to 5K), but students in those classes have priority during class times.
Pool schedule is posted on the website. Please note that pool availability is subject to change based on Departmental needs and staffing (lifeguards) availability. **Children must be at least five years old to use the pool and an adult must accompany and supervise children at all times while they are in the pool.
The indoor track is available for KSC members to use except during select PE classes, varsity practices and competitions. Please check the Facilities website for updates.
All users have locker room access for changing and showering purposes. Lockers & locks may be rented for an additional charge of $40.00 per year. Daily short-term use of a locker is permitted free of charge; inquire at the Front Desk for details. All locks on lockers MUST be issued by the Front Desk staff.
For a $10.00/person fee (payable at the Front Desk) KSC members may bring up to three guests at a time. KSC members must accompany their guests and are responsible for their behavior.
Tennis Court Reservations
Indoor tennis court reservations are on a "first come, first served" basis and may be made up to one week in advance by calling 781.283.2019 or stopping by the Front Desk. Reserved court time is limited to one hour. Last minute Departmental programming may result in the cancellation of a reservation (you will be notified as much in advance if this happens).
Members under age 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times while in the building.
Personal trainers, fitness consultants, coaches, tennis/golf professionals, and other service providers other than Wellesley College coaches or student-athletes are NOT permitted to provide services, or solicit and conduct business in the Keohane Sports Center.