Accidents, Injuries & Emergencies

Campus Emergency Information posted on Public Affairs

For emergency assistance contact the Wellesley College Police at x 5555


Employee Medical Care:

Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital
Occupational Health Center
300 Chestnut Street, Suite 700
Needham, MA 02492
Phone: 781-453-8440

Occupational Health Services


Incidents - Fires, HazMat, etc.

All incidents involving students, employees, contractors, visitors should be reported on this form. This includes fires, hazardous material spills/releases, indoor air quality issues, etc.


Reporting and Investigating Accidents & Injuries:

> For Employees

Employee Accidents & Injuries must be reported and filed with Human Resources and Environmental Health and Safety within 24 hours.

  • Human Resources Accident Report & Treatment A.R.T. Form
  • The ART Form's second page is the Supervisors Accident Investigation Report. This should be filled out for all incidents.

> Student Employees should report accidents on the A.R.T. Form

Questions: Contact HR at x 3303. Fax number is x3663.

> For Students:

Contact Wellesley College Health Services


Laboratory Accidents

Students involved in a lab accident should report to their lab instructor immediately. Use the SciCtr Incident Report Form.

All employees should follow the procedure noted above under Accidents & Injuries. If the incident involves hazardous materials immediately report to the Science Center (x3000), EHS (x3882) and or Campus Police (x2121).


Laboratory Spills

Wellesley College's Chemical Hygiene Plan Emergency Procedures

The American Chemical Society Guide for Chemical Spill Response Planning in Labs


Hazardous Material Release (Chemicals, Biologicals, Oils, etc).

Small spills can be cleaned up by the user if prepared, trained and spill response equipment is readily available.

  • Evaluate the situation (including a review of the SDS)
  • Notify manager/supervisor
  • Secure the area
  • Control and contain spill
  • Clean up
  • Decontaminate
  • Ensure proper disposal of spill material 

For large spills, unknown materials, or extremely hazardous materials, immediately secure & post the area. Contact Campus Police 24/7 at x 5555 and or EHS at x 3882 during work hours.

Large spills may require reporting to local, state or federal agencies. Contact EHS at x 3882 to ensure proper reporting.


Shelter in Place

Run, Hide, Fight Video - DHS Offers tips to Survive a Shooting



National Library of Medicine - Disaster Information Management Research Center