Do not upgrade to Java 8 as it is not compatible with Banner systems yet.
Here are instructions that show you how to install the latest supported Java 7 update.
- Windows 7: Internet Explorer 8+; Firefox 52+ ESR (here are the instructions); Chrome 50+
- Mac OS 10.8 to 10.12: Safari 4+; Firefox 52+ ESR (here are the instructions); Chrome 50+
- Use the special new version of Firefox as your web browser. (Chrome does not work.)
- Visit JavaTester.org to see what version of Java you have installed.
- Click OK to any security warnings that appear when you run the Java applet.
- It should say you have Java Version: 1.7.0_71, which is the latest supported version for Banner ERP.
Known Browser Issues
- Windows Error: You upgraded to Java 8. Downgrade to Java 7 Update 71. Instructions are here.
- General Error: You see an Access Denied page when you launch Discoverer.
- Mac OS Error: Discoverer Plus is stuck showing a coffee cup for more than 20 seconds.
- Mac OS Error: Safari can't find the Java plug-in or won't load Java applications.
Solution: Uninstall Java 8 and re-install Java 7. Click here for instructions.
Solution: You need to resync your Datamart password with your domain password.
- Log in to MyWellesley.
- Use Banner ERP to resync your password.
- Go to the Password Reset channel in either the Employment Services tab (for non-Budget users) or the Budget Services tab (for Budget users), and click on the link to update your Datamart password.
- If the problem persists, email Budget Support.
Solution: Apple released an update that disabled the Java plugin in Safari; this was to protect people who don't use the Java plugin against the Flashback malware. You will need to re-enable the Java plugin for Safari; instructions to do this can be found on Apple's support site.