The Wellness Outreach Collaborative works to inspire students to cultivate lifelong habits of wellness.
The Wellness Outreach Collaborative (WOC) is adopting a Wellness Model, which is an eight factor model: spiritual, emotional, intellectual, financial, social, physical, occupational, and environmental. This model will help to queue students into a higher-level, more holistic model of wellness.
The mission of the collaborative is to meet the diverse and evolving needs of Wellesley College students by fostering a total learning environment that inspires them to cultivate lifelong habits of wellness and empowers them to make a difference in their world. Through our collaborative efforts, Wellesley students will:
- learn to practice sustainable self-care that is essential to their physical, emotional, and spiritual growth;
- actively engage in the processes of self discovery, self acceptance, self advocacy, and transformation; and
- integrate the knowledge necessary to make healthy and positive choices, including awareness of how to access the resources and support available to them in the community.
The Wellness Outreach Collaborative is composed of representatives from:
- The Office of Student Wellness
- Physical Education, Recreation and Athletics (PERA)
- Stone Center Counseling Service
- Health Services
- Student Involvement
- Residential Life
- The Office of Religious & Spiritual Life
- The Office of Sustainability
- Wellesley Fresh/AVI
Other member departments may be added as needed.