Connecting to the Secure VPN
You will NOT be able to connect to the VPN while you are on campus, but you can install the AnyConnect from any location client following these instructions:
Install the AnyConnect Client
Using the AnyConnect Client
- Launch the Cisco AnyConnect Client using one of the methods below:
- Search for AnyConnect and launch the application
- Go to your Applications folder, Cisco folder, and launch the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.
- In the VPN: field, type vpn.wellesley.edu/secure and click Connect.
- Enter your Wellesley College username and password in the popup window and click OK.
- You are now connected to the Secure VPN. A globe with a lock will appear in the menu bar, and the AnyConnect icon in the dock will now have a lock next to it:
- Menu bar icon:
- Dock Icon:
Disconnecting from the Secure VPN
It is good practice to disconnect from the Secure VPN when you have finished using the secure resources, or before putting your computer to sleep. This will speed up your internet connection for other non-secure activity, and keep the secure resources secure.
To disconnect from the Secure VPN, quit any applications using the secure resources, and then quit the Cisco AnyConnect Client. To quit the client, in the menu bar, click on the Cisco AnyConnect Client globe icon and select Quit. The client will first disconnect your computer from the Secure VPN and then quit the application. You may notice a brief interruption in your internet connection.