First-time User's Guide for the Secure VPN
Please follow the steps below to verify your system requirements, then proceed to the connecting and logging into the Secure VPN. Make sure you disconnect from the Secure VPN when you are not using the Secure resources.
- Validate your System Requirements
- Connect and Login to the Secure VPN
- Disconnect from the Secure VPN
- Windows Update
- Windows 10 is supported.
- Launch Windows Update by going to Settings > Update and Security.
- Check for updates and install all listed critical updates.
- Restart your computer.
- Antivirus software - must have one of these installed:
- McAfee Endpoint Security
- Windows Defender Security Center
- McAfee Total Protection
- Norton AntiVirus Plus
- Sophos Home
- Eset NOD32 Antivirus
- Antivirus definitions:
- Must be updated to within seven days of the current date.
- Launch your antivirus software and do an Update check to make sure you have the latest version.
- If you are not sure how to update your antivirus software, you can contact the Computing Help Desk for assistance.
The Secure VPN website and directions below will NOT work when you are on-campus. You must be either off-campus, or stop by the Computing Help Desk to set up the Secure VPN.
Install the AnyConnect Client
- Download the AnyConnect Client by signing in at vpn.wellesley.edu.
- Launch the installer that is downloaded after the website detects your OS.
- Proceed through the installer
- Click Next
- Select I Agree and click Next
- Click Install
- When the install has completed, click Finish.
Using the AnyConnect Client
- Launch the AnyConnect Client using one of the methods below:
- Search for AnyConnect and click on the Client that appears in the search.
- Go to Start > All Programs > Cisco and launch the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.
- In the VPN: field, type vpn.wellesley.edu/secure and click Connect.
- Enter your Wellesley College username and password in the popup window and click OK.
- You are now connected to the Secure VPN. A globe with a lock will appear in the notification area:
- A browser window for http://www.wellesley.edu/lts/techsupport/sslvpn may appear after you log in to the client and ask you to log in again. You can close this window without logging in again.
- You can now use the secure resources behind the Secure VPN, such as Banner ERP and Vault.
- When you are finished using the secure resources, please disconnect from the Secure VPN.
It is good practice to disconnect from the Secure VPN when you have finished using the secure resources, or before putting your computer to sleep. This will speed up your internet connection for other non-secure activity, and keep the secure resources secure.
To disconnect from the Secure VPN, quit any applications using the secure resources, and then quit the Cisco AnyConnect Client. To quit the client, in the Windows notification area (bottom right, near the clock), right-click on the Cisco AnyConnect Client globe icon and select Quit. The client will first disconnect your computer from the Secure VPN and then quit the application. You may notice a brief interruption in your internet connection.